Kingsbridge School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) is a dynamic, high-quality teacher training provider which offers a range of school-based routes into teaching.
Proud to be Wigan's largest SCITT We believe that every success story starts with a great teacher and great teachers start at Kingsbridge. We are a dynamic teacher training provider with a proven track record of excellence.
Kinsgbridge currently offers three routes into primary and secondary teaching through the following phases:
- Primary Programme (3-7 phase)
- Primary Programme (5-11 phase)
- Secondary Programme (11-16 phase) with optional post 16 enhancement
Route 1 School Centred Initial Teacher Training – a 12 month programme that combines in-school experience, centre-based training and online tuition.
Route 2 Assessment Only – a route which takes into account an individual’s past and present work experience.
Route 3 Post Graduate Teaching Apprenticeship – an employment based apprenticeship programme running over 4 terms which integrates academic, centre-based learning and on-the-job practical training in schools. Applicants are required to secure a paid apprenticeship as an unqualified teacher in a school to make an application to undertake this route. Opportunities are advertised on the national apprenticeship website.
Latest School Events
There are currently no events.
- Our events offer the perfect opportunity to find out more about teacher training and what a career in teaching has to offer. Get your questions answered in real-time by a team of specialists
- DfE Guidance Guidance for full opening: schools Updated 28 August 2020
- We are pleased to announce the Kingsbridge Teacher Training centre will reopen on Thursday 3rd September, after risk assessing our courses and implementing the necessary measures in line with Government recommendations.
- Follow these steps to apply for incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice. Any organisation can apply for the payment, no matter the size or the sector.