Kingsbridge School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) is a dynamic, high-quality teacher training provider which offers a range of school-based routes into teaching.
Proud to be Wigan's largest SCITT We believe that every success story starts with a great teacher and great teachers start at Kingsbridge. We are a dynamic teacher training provider with a proven track record of excellence.
Kinsgbridge currently offers three routes into primary and secondary teaching through the following phases:
- Primary Programme (3-7 phase)
- Primary Programme (5-11 phase)
- Secondary Programme (11-16 phase) with optional post 16 enhancement
Route 1 School Centred Initial Teacher Training – a 12 month programme that combines in-school experience, centre-based training and online tuition.
Route 2 Assessment Only – a route which takes into account an individual’s past and present work experience.
Route 3 Post Graduate Teaching Apprenticeship – an employment based apprenticeship programme running over 4 terms which integrates academic, centre-based learning and on-the-job practical training in schools. Applicants are required to secure a paid apprenticeship as an unqualified teacher in a school to make an application to undertake this route. Opportunities are advertised on the national apprenticeship website.
Latest School Events
- Get into Teaching - Information Event (2020-21)07Oct2020
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm @ Kingbridge Teacher Training, Rivington Ave, Wigan, WN2 5NG
Our Get into Teaching Events offer a brilliant opportunity to find out more about teacher training and what a career in teaching has to offer. They’re also a great way for you to meet our schools and partners that lead teacher training , and get one-to-one advice on every aspect of getting into teaching. Places fill up quickly, so make sure you reserve yours today. What you can expect: - chat online with newly qualified teachers and find out what a day in the life of a teacher is really like - get one-to-one advice from our teaching experts on your application, including specific advice on your personal statement - watch a presentation on how to get into teaching - You can spend as much or as little time as you like at the event. - We can point you in the right direction and give you the answers you need to help get you one step closer to your rewarding new future. To attend this event, you must register for a place. Once registered, you will receive log-in information and joining instructions via email. Please register online at https://kingsbridgeteachertraining.co.uk/
- Our events offer the perfect opportunity to find out more about teacher training and what a career in teaching has to offer. Get your questions answered in real-time by a team of specialists
- DfE Guidance Guidance for full opening: schools Updated 28 August 2020
- We are pleased to announce the Kingsbridge Teacher Training centre will reopen on Thursday 3rd September, after risk assessing our courses and implementing the necessary measures in line with Government recommendations.
- Follow these steps to apply for incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice. Any organisation can apply for the payment, no matter the size or the sector.